Ever wonder why noises make your pet anxious? Long periods of silence means that your pet may become sensitive to any noise. Even small sounds can become sudden and unexpected sounds to them. And those noises may often cause your pet to be fearful of similar sounds, such as fireworks and thunder.
The best aid, besides toys and treats, is a calming sound or white noise. Music or a calm TV channel will often relax and give your pet something to listen to while you are away. You can find these things and use it on any technology in your home including your television/smart TV, radio computer and Smart Home Devices, such as Alexa or Google Home. Here are our top recommended channels and genres.
- DOGTV is an optional channel provided by AmazonFire, Apple TV, DirectTV, Roku and a few others.
- DOGTV provides television for dogs as a 24/7 digital TV channel with special content was created to meet specific attributes of a dog’s sense of vision, hearing and supports their natural behavior patterns. The result: a confident, happy dog, who’s less likely to develop stress, separation anxiety or other related problems.
- Bonus: DOGTV supports and helps The Humane Society of the United States.
- Golf Network/Channel
- Travel Channel
- Do not confuse Light Classical for Classical Music. Light Classical tends to be lighter in sound and usually played with higher octaves to give it a sensitive touch. Also it does not contain any loud and haunting pieces of music. Its rhythm is usually slow or intermediate.
Direct TV Music Channel
- Channel 866: Light Classical
- Smooth Jazz tends to be more polished than regular jazz. Generally, smooth jazz relies on rhythms and grooves instead of improvisation.
- Spectrum Music Channel 443
- Direct TV Music Channel 851: Smooth Jazz
New Age/ Soundscape/ Zen Music
Spectrum Music Channels
- Channel 442: Soundscape
Direct TV Music Channels
- Channel 856: New Age
- Channel 857: Zen
- Spectrum Music Channels
- Light Classical