Cooking for Your Pets
November 1st is National Cook for Your Pets Day, chances are you already share some of your food with your pets or they may be a picky eater, but here are some things you need to know.
Tips and Tricks
- With any meal or food changes always consult with your veterinarian before you begin to make any changes, especially if your pet has health or medical issues.
- If you are changing types of food or brand, make sure you transition your pet slowly by gradually the new food in smaller portions with the old food as to avoid tummy troubles.
- Days 1 – 3 – 75% current food. 25% New food
- Days 4 – 6 – 50% current food. 50% New food
- Days 7 – 9 – 25% current food. 75% New food
- Day 10 – 100% New food
- You Can give the below foods fo both Cats and Dogs who have upset stomachs.
- Cooked White Rice
- Canned Pumpkin(Not Pumpkin Pie Filling)
- For Dogs: 1 to 4 tablespoons
- For Cats: 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon
- For dogs, Bananas help with vomiting or diarrhea.
- Warming up wet food or adding warmed up chicken broth will be very enticing for your pet to eat as the aroma of hot foods is stronger.
- To increase your pet appetites go for a walk or play before their food is served.
- Do NOT season your pets’ food
- Avoid feeding the following foods directly or maybe an ingredient in foods that may contain the following:
Below are some Simple and Easy Treats and Food that you can make for Dog or Cats:
You can find some more Homemade Pet Friendly Recipes below:
- 105 Homemade Dog Treat Recipes: Healthy & Super-Woof Easy: https://fluentwoof.com/homemade-dog-treats-recipes/
- 25 Simple Dog Treat Recipes: Made With 5 Ingredients or Less: https://www.puppyleaks.com/simple-dog-treat-recipes/
- 12 Homemade Cat Treats: https://www.primepetinsurance.com.au/blog/cat-care/12-homemade-cat-treat-recipes
- 15 Purrfect Homemade Cat Treats to Spoil Your Kitty: https://www.onecrazyhouse.com/purrfect-homemade-cat-treats/
- Top 5 Homemade Bird Treat Recipes: https://www.thesprucepets.com/easy-homemade-bird-treat-recipes-390389
- No-bake DIY rabbit & guinea pig treats!: https://aminoapps.com/c/pets/page/blog/no-bake-diy-rabbit-guinea-pig-treats/X0ug_u5rMqZEoLaLm1PvbWq63QZREZ
Want some more Savvy Secrets? Check them out:
Pets and Pests
Probably one of the number one questions that I am asked every day is “is…
How to Respond to an Attack on Your Pet
Learn how to safely break up a pet fight and what to do if your…
7 Amazing Facts You Should Know About
Here are seven fascinating details about toy poodles you need to know. You’ll be astounded…
Can Dogs Eat Chocolates?
Chocolate, that delicious sweet that melts in your mouth and not in your hand, also…